Once you understand the basics of how to boost your strength and the science behind building muscle then you’ll start to notice results from your training in no time. When you break it down it’s much more simple than it seems at surface level, it’s all about weight training and the right nutrition, but we also have 6 great tips to help you achieve the results you want to see.
Eating right is one of the most important things when it comes to building muscle, you’ll have to make sure you’re eating the right macros. When trying to build muscle you need to eat enough protein as this helps with muscle repair, around 30% of your diet should be protein and the other 70% can be split among carbohydrates and fat however you want to give you the energy you need to exercise.
When supplements are mentioned to help improve performance most people think of illegal drugs that stimulate muscle growth, however, there are various legal supplements you can take to help build your muscle. Having higher testosterone levels is a great way to build strength, I’ve tested many different testosterone pills and found the best testosterone booster for muscle gain at riverfronttimes.com. Taking these made a massive difference to my performance and how quickly my strength increased.
Sleep is vital for building muscle as a muscle grows whilst it repairs. During sleep is the time your body can concentrate on using the protein you eat to repair your muscles, whilst you’re asleep your body enters a higher anabolic state and you produce more hormones that help your muscles repair. If you don’t get 7-9 hours of sleep a night then this prevents your body from completing its sleep cycle and can slow down your progress.
To see your strength increase at a faster rate then you should focus on using heavier weights, this is called progressive overload where every week you increase the weight you’re using. This is a better technique to promote muscle growth than increasing your repetitions. By using heavier weights and doing fewer repetitions it shocks your muscles into continuing to grow. If you struggle with this then it’s a good idea to do this on one of your training days only as it’s quite intense and has less intense weight lifting sessions on the other days.
Intermittent fasting is where you restrict the hours of the day in which you can eat. The most popular time frame for people who do intermittent fasting is only eating between 12 pm and 8 pm. Intermittent fasting has many health benefits but most people don’t know that it actually helps with muscle development. Intermittent fasting helps with muscle growth as it allows you to reach cellular autophagy which is important in muscle growth.
High-Intensity Interval Training
High-intensity interval training is a great addition to any workout to help build strength and grow your muscles. Building muscle is a long process that requires a lot of dedication and takes a lot of time out of every day. If you need to schedule some days in your workout program that need to be shorter sessions then high-intensity interval training is usually around a 20-minute session which is much quicker. If on cardio days you are not doing high-intensity interval training then you could actually be losing out on muscle mass as long low-intensity cardio sessions can actually decrease your ability to build muscle.