In the race of life, a human being is working meticulously day in, day out to make a stand form them, so, that they can build a better life for themselves and their family. But, in this race, humans tend to forget to look after their health. People need to be fit for overall wellness. Fitness refers to mental and physical activity; both are equally important. The term wellness here indicates the choices and decisions taken by a human towards a healthy and fulfilling life. It also refers to being aware of the about the repercussions of those choices. A healthy body can be described as the proper functioning of all the body parts in its ideal format. To maintain the fundamental quality of life, an optimum level of wellness is paramount for life. It affects our daily routine, our choices, our emotions, and our actions. An optimum level of wellness is directly proportional to the minimization of stress.
Wellness encompasses six concepts:
Physical fitness can be classified under four heads:
- Cardiovascular and muscular endurance
The hurdles to be crossed to be fit:
As people get more aware of the perks of being fit, they confide themselves in achieving their fitness goals. Some may classify these goals as losing weight, burning fat or merely being healthy again. People need to build an ideal format to achieve their goals. Primary measures can be quit smoking, limit the drinking quotient, and avoid overeating. Other measures include:
- The person needs to be convinced in their minds that they need to be fit legit. This, in turn, will motivate and boost the person to set the modus operandi. One should begin with their daily exercises like lifting weights, trying pilates, or any workout. It is directly proportional to the body functioning. It will build endurance and strengthen the bones and muscles. Exercise facilitates the transfer of nutrients and oxygen into cells, thereby improving waste removal.
- Walking is the best form of exercise to date. Many people include occasional walks in their exercise routine. It generates movement of every organ of the body. Walking has its perks like it reduces the chances of heart disease, hypertension, stroke, type 2 diabetes, obesity and even some forms of cancer.
- Running helps in burning lots of calories. It boosts up the mood, relieves stress and is an excellent cardiovascular workout. Some long-distance runners use this exercise as a form of meditation. They focus on breath and rhythmic movement, in the long run, is undeniably meditative.
- Yoga is a form of exercise which can be done by anyone regardless of age, weight or gender. It is a self-soothing activity. It makes the body flexible, tones and strengthens the bones. Yoga asanas are a form of isometric contractions. The heated contractions of the muscles are prepared for deep stretching. It in turns increases the endurance level, holds the bone in place and improves the balancing power.
- Habitual cycling is classified under high-intensity workout. It increases the metabolism rate by notches and ensures ideal weight management. The overall functioning of the body is crucial to be fit, which is why cycling strengthens the lower and upper body. It aims at quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves. It also works on the lower abdomen, back and chest. It supports the spine, muscles and keeps the body in an upright position, thereby improving the posture of the body.
Physical activity is for the betterment of the body and has long-term effects. People should know and believe in these benefits and shift towards a healthy lifestyle. Fitness comes to those who have the passion and a logical mindset to accomplish it.
Fitness adds utility to life and improves overall wellness:
- Improves mental fitness – fitness has an impact on physiological health and develops a positive attitude towards everyday chores. It improves mental health and minimizes tension, anxiety, and stress hailed on an everyday basis. A fit body unfurls excellent and happy chemicals. It keeps the brain fresh and energetic between the working hours.
- Intensifies social and spiritual fitness: fitness not only affects the physical and psychological level, but it also boosts one’s social life. People who are engrossed in being fit have these offerings in their court – motivation, emotional stability, interaction powers, confidence and power to maintain relationships.
- A healthy diet plan is equally vital as physical exercises. Food is a medicine which improves the internal body functioning. A healthy eating habit pushes the person towards a healthy lifestyle. a portion of nutritious food is a source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants balance the body fat, reduces obesity, increases confident and limits the risk of illness. A portion of hearty food is equivalent to a happy mood.
Some nutritious food to maintain a fit body are:
- Spinach – maintains blood pressure level, benefits the eyes.
- Watermelon – reduces muscle soreness, keeps hydrated, lowers inflammation.
- Cherries – anti-aging properties, maintains the ph level, lowers hypertension.
- Beetroots – cushion the brain health, helps in losing weight, keeps the blood pressure in check, increases the rbcs.
- Tomatoes – safeguards cardiovascular health and reduces muscle damage.
- Chia seeds – keeps the bones and muscles healthy, rich in calcium.
- Milk – energizes the body, maintains the bone mass, helps in maintaining healthy vision and skin.
- Carrots – lowers the cholesterol levels, prevents heart disease.
Several other fruits and vegetable are beneficial to health. Ideally, one should drink 2-4 quarts of water per day. One should consume whole-grain, high-fibre loaves of bread and cereal. Limit the intake of saturated fats and trans-fats.
The benefit of fitness is hard to pinpoint because there no single aspect left, which is not influenced by it. Its influence over life’s quality is exponential; its importance cannot be overstated. Being fit mentally and physically invigorates the soul, changes the life perspective, and the person starts caring about their overall health more than usual. This is how fitness contributes to wellness. Fitness changes the dynamic of a person’s life, they become more focused, their performance at work improves by notches, and they find themselves in an ideal situation. Hence, fitness and wellness co-exist.